Viewing the Chimpanzees de- nesting and nesting in their natural habitat makes this trip outstanding. This tour also gives you the chance to see different primate species, bird species plus the beautiful sceneries.
- Bigodi Nature walk
- Chimpanzee tracking
- Nesting and De-nesting
Day 1: Transfer to Kibale National Park via Fort Portal.
Day 2: Chimpanzee Habituation Experience in Kibale National Park
Day 3: Repeat the habituation experience in Kibale National Park
Day 4: Morning Bigodi Nature walk and then return to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer to Kibale.
Early transfer to Kibale National Park. Have lunch in Fort Portal town and afternoon visit to the Bigodi Swamp for a nature walk. Expect to see primates and plenty of bird species.
Dinner and Overnight at Kibale Guest Cottages.
Day 2: Habituation Experience.
Early morning at 5:30 am transfer to Kanyanchu tourist center in Kibale National Park. Kibale forest hosts the highest concentration of primates in East Africa. A guided Chimpanzee habituation experience in the tropical rainforest in search of the wild chimpanzee, will give you opportunity to stay with the Chimps for longer hours. You can see the chimps de-nesting (coming out of their nocturnal nests) between 05:30 – 06:30 am and stay with them during the day until they create new nests and retire for night around 6:00 am .The activity provides opportunities for tourists to spend more time with the chimps and learn more about their behaviors by making data recording on each of the chimpazees. You can also see other primates such as red-tailed monkey, black-and-white colobus monkey and many other primates which will enhance your tourism experience, the guide will also be telling you various facts about the flora and fauna of the forest. A maximum of six visitors per group are allowed per shift.
Repeat the Chimp habituation experience. Return to the Cottages in the evening for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Departure.
Return to Kampala.
- Rates are per person sharing a room and not less than 4 people per group.
- Single room or occupy 250$
- Solo travelers can join the tour.
- 3 nights’ accommodation on BB, optional of FB can be arranged.
- Park entrance fees
- Guiding fees
- Bigodi Nature walk
- Chimpanzee habituation permits
- Transport – including airport transfers
- Drinking Water while on the trip
- Accommodation and meals on the first & last day of the trip
- Meals that are not part of the accommodation
- International air fares & Visa fees
- Medical / travel insurance
- Tips to guides, porters, drivers, rangers etc
- Personal expenses eg additional activities and laundry